When setting up your Robson profile, you'll be asked to add a phone number. Adding a phone number to your Robson profile is mandatory to create an account, as your phone number is used to confirm your account registration via text message. Having an active, confirmed phone number will also be necessary to participate in some of our projects.
Don’t worry: we’ll never call you and your phone number won’t be shared with any third parties.
How to add your phone number
To enter your phone number, select the country of your number by clicking on the flag and then selecting the country from the list. You will see the country code appear.
Enter your phone number without the country code and without any leading 0s.
Example 1: French phone number: 06 XX XX XX XX
- When setting the flag to France, the country code +33 will appear.
- Remove the leading 0 and enter 6 XX XX XX XX.
- Complete number: +336XXXXXXXX
Example 2: US phone number: 626 XXX XXXX.
- When setting the flag to US, the country code +1 will appear.
- Enter your phone number without the leading 1.
- Complete number: +1XXXXXXXXXX.
What to do if you receive an error when entering your phone number
If you receive an error when entering your phone number, it’s likely because:
- You’re including the country code (e.g. 1 for North America, 91 for India); or
- You're using leading 0s before the phone number.
What to do if you don't receive your SMS verification code
There are two reasons you may not be receiving an SMS verification code.
- You entered the wrong phone number: On the SMS phone verification screen, double check that the phone number you entered is correct. If not, use the “Change phone number” feature to update it.
- Your phone provider is blocking the confirmation message: If your phone number is correct, it’s likely the SMS verification is being blocked by your phone provider. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a request.
Correcting your phone number
If you made a mistake when entering your phone number, don't worry: it can be fixed!
On the phone verification screen, select the “Change phone number” button to correct your phone number.